Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Review - St. Tropez Instant Glow Body Lotion

Hello, Beauties!

Cookie over at The Charming Cheshire and I teamed up to give you this review. She received the  St. Tropez Instant Glow Body Lotion in her Ipsy bag in May. Unfortunately, she does not use tanners on her beautiful, fair skin. She approached me to see if I would be interested in testing it out since I am olive complected but am on the pale side right now. I happily obliged!

The  St. Tropez Instant Glow Body Lotion does exactly what says; it gives you an instant temporary bronzed glow. It actually washes off when you get in the shower! I will show you step by step how my 15 year old cousin said I went from "pasty to tasty".


For the first application, I decided that I just wanted to tan my legs. I started out by prepping my skin. As you probably know, it is very important to exfoliate before applying a faux tan. You want to make sure that all of those dead skin cells are sloughed off before applying the tanner so you get a nice, even color. I used this one. It smells amazing, and it is also buy one get one 50% off right now at Ulta! Also take this time to shave away any unwanted hair. 

My prepped non-tan legs before applying the  St. Tropez Instant Glow Body Lotion



One my legs were prepped I applied a small amount of the St. Tropez Instant Glow Body Lotion. The amount you see in the picture, is the actual amount of product I used on my entire leg. A little bit goes a long way with this stuff.

St. Tropez Instant Glow Body Lotion prior to rubbing it in




Here you can see the difference between the leg I applied the tanner to on the left, and my natural skin color on the right leg.

My left leg directly after  St. Tropez Instant Glow Body Lotion had been applied in comparison to the right leg that is bare.




After applying St. Tropez Instant Glow Body Lotion onto both legs, I was left with a beautiful bronzed glow. The product applied evenly with a breeze and was moisturizing. The color looked natural and was not orange or too bronzed.

Both legs with  St. Tropez Instant Glow Body Lotion applied.





At the end of the day, I was very pleased with this product. It did exactly what it said it was going to do, and left my skin looking naturally bronzed and moisturized. On one hand I think it is great that this formula is temporary because you can wash it off if you make a mistake. On the other hand, I was sad to let my tan go at the end of the day. This product is easy to apply evenly and I didn't notice much of a scent. It definitely does not reek of fake tan scent like most others I have tried. After trying the Instant Glow Body Lotion, I am definitely going to try other products from St. Tropez.

Questions? Comments? Fire Away!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE IT! It's perfect for you :-D So glad you liked it <3

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com