Monday, December 30, 2013

New at the Drugstore: Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser

Hello, Beauties!

I have a first impressions post for you today about a product I have been dying to get my hands on; the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser!



I spotted this at my local Bed Bath & Beyond and snatched it up immediately. If you read my Best of Beauty 2013 post, then you know that my favorite primer has been The POREfessional by Benefit. When I saw the description of Maybelline's pore filling primer, I was very intrigued.  The price point is much more affordable than The POREfessional and even much more affordable than L'Oreal Miracle Blur, which is supposed to give a similar effect. I purchased my Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser for $5.29 at Bed Bath & Beyond. 

The Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser is said to do the following: 


  • Instantly blur the look of pores, without clogging them
  • Smoothes and refines skin's appearance

Size comparison next to L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder



It is described as a transparent gel formula that smoothes on clear, and is non-comedogenic and fragrance-free. The packaging says that you can wear it alone, or "smooth a thin layer under foundation for a smooth looking finish."





I applied a thin layer of the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser under my L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder: 

Pardon the breakouts! This photo has no filter and no retouching. My pores are not 'erased' but are definitely 'blurred' and look much better than they did before!

Overall, I really love this primer. I think it is such a bargain for the price. It feels smooth and luxurious on the skin, and definitely minimized the look of my pores. I don't think it 'erased' them as the product name implies, but in the official claims of the product it says it will 'blur' your pores, and it does do that. I felt that it made my skin more matte in consistency, and helped my foundation apply much more beautifully and last much longer. It has no scent and no minty or cooling sensation when applied, which I think will be great for those who have sensitivities to those things. On top of all that, I am a huge sucker for packaging, and it doesn't get much cuter than this.


If you are looking for an amazing primer and are on a strict budget, this may just be the primer for you!



Have you tried this product? If so, what do you think? 

Jorden



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been dying to try that! I just read one blog review that said they didn't like it and now yours that says you do...I'M SO INTRIGUED. LOL You're so right....that packaging does it...:-D

Unknown said...

Hey Cookie! I did like it, especially for a drugstore primer... but it still can't touch my POREfessional primer. I think that this is really similar to the Smashbox Photo Finish primer which I used before POREfessional, and I know that is a love it or hate it product for most. The packaging is just too cute, I couldn't not try it!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com