Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Review - Sally Hansen Sugar Coat Textured Nail Color

Hello, Beauties!

I hope you are all having a fabulous week! As you saw in last week's haul (I'm a poet and didn't know it), I purchased two of the Sally Hansen Sugar Coat polishes in the shades Bubble Plum (100) and Sour Apple (600). It was really hard for me to only choose two, because the selection of colors was beautiful.


Right to Left: Bubble Plum & Sour Apple

This is not my first rodeo when it comes to textured nail polishes. When Milani came out with their textured polishes, I tried one and fell in love. You can see a photo of it here.

The color I was MOST excited about was Sour Apple. I was so excited about it that I swatched it immediately after I left Walgreens and sat down in my car... and I was immediately disappointed. I will start off by saying that the color is beautiful; the formula is the problem. It is VERY streaky, and difficult to work with. This needed 3 coats to be fully opaque. I just felt like my nails looked messy.


I will apologize in advance for the state of my nails. I was in east Texas this weekend, and I broke a few nails while doing yard work! Here is what it looked like on the nail.



It's terrible. I'm sorry.



Sally Hansen Sugar Coat Textured Nail Color in Sour Apple (600)


I had MUCH better luck with the Bubble Plum shade. The color applied much more evenly and I ended up liking the color so much more than I expected! 


Sally Hansen Sugar Coat Textured Nail Color in Bubble Plum (100)

Overall, I think that these are hit or miss. I had much better luck with Bubble Plum than I did with the Sour Apple shade. In comparison to the Milani Texture polish, I don't feel like the texture on these applies as evenly as with the Milani. I do think that the color selection is much better than with the Milani Texture polishes, so if you don't mind working with a more difficult formula, these may be fine for you. In my case, nail painting is already a challenge, and these just made my life a little harder. If they made these shades in the Complete Salon Manicure formula, I would pick them up in a heartbeat!


Questions? Comments? Fire Away!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow I totally want to buy this nailpolish.

Unknown said...

They are definitely fun for summer!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com