Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Unboxing - Starlooks Starbox August 2013

Hello, Beauties!

This was my first month to receive a Starlooks Starbox. I decided to drop my Glossybox subscription, and in change, I added the Starbox. I had heard good things about it on Makeuptalk.com, so I decided to give it a shot. 

I was thrilled to see when the box for the month of August had a mermaid theme. This was a special edition box curated by Natalie Corona. 

Now let's get to the good stuff! Here is what came in the August 2013 Starbox:





Emerald Glitter - 0.07 oz

Emerald Glitter - 0.07 oz

I love the packaging. Green is my favorite color, so I love the green on black.

0.08 oz

0.08 oz

0.08 oz

0.08 oz

Again, the lipstick packaging is adorable. 

What the...?


I tested out the lip color for a full work day and was very impressed with the formula. They were long lasting and not drying at all. I tend to have very dry lips that can flake, so I usually apply a balm underneath my lipstick to prevent that. Since this was my first time trying this lipstick, I did not apply a balm because I wanted to get a true example of how it stood up. When I first applied the lipsticks, they seemed drying, so I was very worried about flaking. I am happy to report that I had no flaking all day, and both formulas were long-lasting. 

At first glance, I wasn't sure that I was going to love either of the shades, but once applied, they were beautiful. I couldn't tell much of a shade difference on my lips even though they looked completely different in the tube, and that shocked me! The only major difference on my lips was that one had a matte finish and the other had a satin finish. I applied Eons the matte shade on my top lip and Endless the satin shade on my bottom lip so you could see a true comparison. Both were applied on on CLEAN lips; no layering and no rubbing together. I shot it from two different angles so that you could really see how similar they looked on my lips. 





Overall, I was very impressed with my first Starbox. The Emerald glitter is beautiful, and green is my favorite color, so that was perfect. I also love lip products, so receiving two lipsticks was a huge win for me. The crystals were the extra in the box, and they were the only thing that left me scratching my head. I will be tossing those. 


Questions? Comments? Fire Away!


1 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG, I seriously lost it with the "What the...?". I WAS LAUGHING SO HARD! XD

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com